Gender Equity in Sports Quiz E2
MATCHING (sections E, G, H): On your Scantron sheet, please use a #2 pencil to fill in the letter of the best choice to match each numbered item. Each letter is used as an answer in each section. YOU MAY WRITE ON THIS SHEET, BUT BE SURE TO TURN IT IN.
1. A legislative act pronouncing a person guilty of a crime A. judicial review
without a trial and subjecting him to capital punishment
B. bills of attainder
2. A court order allowing a person to appear before a judge
to determine whether he is being held lawfully C. affirmative action
3. Laws that punish persons for acts committed before they D. writ of habeas corpus
E. ex post facto laws
4. Power of the U.S. Supreme Court to declare an act passed
by Congress unconstitutional
5. Policy designed to give special attention to disadvantaged
MULTIPLE CHOICE (sections B, E, G, H): On your Scantron sheet, please fill in thoroughly the letter of the single best choice. YOU MAY WRITE ON THIS SHEET, BUT BE SURE TO TURN IT IN.
6. Who did not sign the U.S. Constitution?
A. Benjamin Franklin B. Alexander Hamilton C. George Washington D. Thomas Jefferson
7. Regents of the University of California v. Bakke is a case dealing with what issue?
A. abortion B. affirmative action C. judicial review D. school integration
8. In what year did the Cold War end?
A. 1917 B. 1945 C. 1954 D. 1989
9. Which President sent troops to Somalia?
A. Ronald Reagan B. Richard Nixon C. George Bush D. Bill Clinton
10. How many amendments are in the Bill of Rights?
A. 5 B. 7 C. 10 D. 15